BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND..............................................................................SCAUP CONDER POOL 5 MARCH PAUL ELLIS

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Meanwhile At Cockersand.

I managed an enjoyable session yesterday at Conder/Glasson/Cockersand. Meanwhile....

At Cockersand, on a circuit I saw 7 Blackbird, 8 Meadow Pipit came up out of a field as did at least 13 Snipe here and there, 7 Reed Bunting were seen together as a small flock, there was an altercation between 2 Wren on Slack Lane where I saw Linnet in the cover crop, a Sparrowhawk and 3 Brown Hare seen.

It was quiet along the headland, c.70 Wigeon were off Plover Scar and a small group of Turnstone and Golden Plover were in the field by the abbey. A Buzzard was on a fence post unseen by me until I got within a few metres of the bird. 

I'd seen the swans in the fields by Thursland Hill as I drove along Moss Lane and again from the headland at Cockersand, the herd looks to be up to 400 strong and obvious at least 340 Whooper Swan seen 29 November are still there.


Looking West. Pete Woodruff.

As always, Cockersand was a good place to be birding yesterday, and was even more impressive as the sun went down at 3.40pm when I took this photograph looking west and out to sea off Cockersand Abbey.

Back with yesterdays Conder/Glasson birds soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment