BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND..............................................................................SCAUP CONDER POOL 5 MARCH PAUL ELLIS

Monday 27 March 2017

Good Friday!!

A decent day, topped by the smart male Lapland Bunting at Cockersand....Good Friday. 

In the same flooded field I saw at least 25 Pied Wagtail and 15 Meadow Pipit, with one extra bird making up 5 Shoveler today, also 24 Lapwing, 14 Teal, and 3 Redshank. Up to 80 Twite were flighty in the cover crop by Lighthouse Cottage, 55 Black-tailed Godwit were over going south, c.270 Whooper Swan in a more compact group now than they've been all winter is an indication that some have left the area, and I saw 4 Small Tortoiseshell along the headland.

On the Lune Estuary at Glasson Dock, little more than 80 Black-tailed Godwit , with 2 Knot and 150 Redshank to note, 3 Buzzard were soaring high over Colloway Marsh. Conder Pool could be described as dull, with 13 Tufted Duck , 2 Canada Geese , and the pair of Lesser Black-backed Gull loafing around and domineering Tern Island. On a wander, the Spotted Redshank was in the creeks, the Grey Wagtail was by the iron bridge, and I found 4 Goldcrest from the coastal path.

On the way back to Lancaster, a Buzzard flew over the A588 at the entrance to Lancaster Golf Club. 

The spider.



I don't think the fact this spider was on the bonnet of my car yesterday had any photographic disadvantages, but that it was taken in brilliant sunlight has certainly burnt out body detail. The best I can come up with is a female Philodromus dispar, but I could be way off the mark there for all I know .... maybe someone could put me out of my misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment