BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.................................2nd SUMMER MEDITERRANEAN GULL CONDER POOL PETE WOODRUFF

Tuesday 17 March 2020

They're In!

I have news of 6 Sand Martin and 2 Swallow at Claughton-on-Brock fishing lake at 8.30am this morning, also the first report of a Wheatear on the Fylde coast.

A bit repetitive but couldn't resist, I got a better short video of the Golden Plovers yesterday in better light than my previous attempt.

View Full Screen

Although at least 900 Golden Plover at Cockersand was a lower number than of late - at least 2,000 on occasions - I was treated to a brilliant spectacle with the birds yesterday, including a Merlin hunting around the waders causing them to be unsettled all the time I was there with them, the 'whoosh' as they flew 15m over my head several times was amazing. 

Difficult to count, but at least 50 Meadow Pipit with 20 Skylark and 12 Pied Wagtail were in and around the same flood as the plovers east of Abbey Farm. On the Lune Estuary at Glasson Dock, c.1,500 Black-tailed Godwit fluctuating in number but remain faithful here, with 4 Goosander noted.

Great Bustard. 

Make sure you take a look at the guy with the Great Bustard in my side-bar.

Though Izhan Sheikh does ask....'WTF is wrong with our people'....he says he's trying to avoid swear words. I've no intention of trying to avoid them, and the most diplomatic description I can muster, is that he and his like are barbaric bastards.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to be absent for a while, Pete. We've been on the Isles of Scilly. Got a good Stonechat fix there - it's a great place for them, and I thouught of you every time I saw one!

    Couldn't find any sign of the Great Bustard link on the side-bar that you suggested?!

    On our return, my wife and I have placed ourselves in full self-isolation for the foreseeable future. We just hope that we will be able to get deliveries of basic necessities. Going to have to rely on garden wildlife for my nature-fix for a while!

    Take good care, and stay safe - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear friend!!! How are you???...I´m fine for the moment... I hope you too...
    Have a nice day an week ahead...
    Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being in touch Richard, I've sent you an e-mail.

    Thanks also to you Ana, I've also sent you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete