BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND..............................................................................SCAUP CONDER POOL 5 MARCH PAUL ELLIS

Sunday 1 March 2009

Just a couple....


....of pic's totally unrelated to the true purpose of the blog but serves to keep the thing alive until I get out birding again hopefully tomorrow.


Taken many years ago at the height of my photographic interest's, both pic's are of the impressive Thornton Force, one of many to be seen on the circuit of Ingleton Falls. I'm not sure if the guy under the fall was just enjoying the thrill of sitting underneath this giant cascade of water from above, or contemplating 'the end'. If it was the latter I would have willing gone to try to talk to the man to calm him down, but I could never have known as he was still there after I had taken my shot of this quite interesting event.


The second pic is of the same fall but is of a more sedate run of the water following the mighty fall over the edge above.


With any luck, back to birds tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment