BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.................................................PIED FLYCATCHER ABBEYSTEAD 24 APRIL PETE WOODRUFF

Sunday 18 August 2019

Saturday Birding.

The count on Conder Pool was the same as my visit last Monday, being 12 Greenshank and 11 Little Grebe. In the creeks, 3 Avocet seen were two juvenile and an adult, though the family was all present and correct earlier in the day, thanks to AC for the info,  also in the creeks, 2 Goosander. Four Common Sandpiper and up to 250 Redshank were down the channel, and 18 Goldfinch dropped onto the marsh, 3 Swift over, always the possibility of being my last this year being mid-August now. At least 25 House Martin were around River Winds.

On the Lune Estuary at Glasson Dock, a Ruff and 7 Black-tailed Godwit were the odd ones out, with c.250 Redshank and a 'few' Dunlinall about to be driven off by the rising tide, and a Goosander seen. On Jeremy Lane, 2 Mediterranean Gull with c.100 Black-headed Gull, and 6 Tree Sparrow in the hedgerow. Around the Lune Estuary today saw 21 Painted Lady.  

Having lost all c.400 of my images during the removal of my old computer, and the installation of the new one, I'm struggling to put pictures to my post until the issue is resolved. Alternatively,  I need to build up a library of new piks, if I can have a bit more success with my new digital camera....!! 

For the sake of having a new header, I've put up one of my artistic efforts - there's a joke there somewhere - with a picture of the head-on Four-spotted Chaser at Birk Bank in July. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, Pete - so sorry to hear you lost those images. I know how frustrating that can be, having accidentally deleted a bunch earlier this year, without realising it until a couple of months later when it was too late.

    I thoroughly approve of your header image!!

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete