BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.........................................................................LOCAL BREEDING NUTHATCH PETE WOODRUFF

Sunday 12 April 2020

This Isolation Thing!

On the one hand, this isolation thing is like the end of the world for me, with watching life pass by from the living room window, and not a bird in sight, well not many. On the other hand, to contradict, I'm really quite enjoying it, having made myself comfortable on a chair in the garden, staked out with a camera, a tasty egg and tomato sandwich, and a cup of tea. KT is ruining me, spoiling me rotten, I'm beyond redemption, but....I'd sooner be birding. 

Female Blackbird. Pete Woodruff. Clik the pik

We have two pairs of breeding Blackbird in or around our garden, one of the females put in an appearance to take a few stabs at the apple which they love.

Dunnock. Pete Woodruff. Click the pik 

According to evidence in this image, I reckon it looks like we also have breeding Dunnock in our garden this year too....unless this one is a vegetarian!

Images are still coming to my inbox, and thanks to Howard for the new header Skylark. It nudged my memory to remind me that it's 4 weeks since my last visit to Cockersand, where I saw and heard the Skylark and it's unmistakable and seemingly endless flight song.

Spring was in the air at Cockersand on 12 March....literally, and listening to the song is perfect therapy and lifts the spirit.

We're all in this together....TAKE CARE STAY HOME.  

2 comments:

  1. Delighted to see that, with KT's assistance, you're coming to terms with your confinement, Pete. I've still not left the premises since 16th March, but not getting as stir-crazy as my wife is. I think what I'll miss most this year is the dragonflies as I don't have a pond. Stay safe, Pete! Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I would love to get out but must confess that I'm loving being in the garden. So many jobs done and plenty to see... at times. I've had 17 Red Kite over in the past 3 weeks, butterflies and Bees too, oh and of course the damselflies. There is actually so much in our gardens. We just need to look.

    ReplyDelete