BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.........................PLOVER SCAR LIGHT AND BLACK COMBE OVER THE BAY PETE WOODRUFF

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Ltd....is that Limited?

No, it's the very obliging Long-tailed Duck which has been viewable for a few days now on the canal at Conder Green behind the Thurnham Mill Inn.
Talking about Conder Green the late staying Common Sandpiper isn't being reported and I've not see the bird since Wednesday 12 November when I don't think I was alone in thinking this was going to be our first ? wintering CS, perhaps it may still be lurking around somewhere.

I only see a few records of mainly individual Brambling both in our area and nationally. With JB/BT we did a 'tour' a few days ago to find no beech mast anywhere to be seen, so up to now it looks like being a poor Brambling winter. I may have seen the only one I am going to see this year when I heard a call/song I wasn't aquainted with in the picnic area at Conder Green on Tuesday 4 November, when I located the bird it was indeed a Brambling.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment