BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.........................................................................LOCAL BREEDING NUTHATCH PETE WOODRUFF

Sunday 3 March 2013

I just signed....will you?

I'm lucky to do a post every other day these days, so this being my second in one day is something of a record. But this is important and its another petition to sign I'm afraid....well I'm not afraid really, but it sounds polite.

There are a whole range of reasons for being uncomfortable about the management regime of intensive, driven, grouse shooting including potential loss of soil carbon, poor biodiversity value, discoloured water due to heather burning, rapid water loss due to drainage, loss of blanket bog vegetation and, oh yes, the lack of breeding Hen Harriers, Peregrine Falcons and Golden Eagles in many places which are apparently ideal for them.

Please may I urge you to take a look at the following link and sign the petition it relates to. If you follow Birds2blog, then you've obviously got at least a liking for birds if not a passion for them like me....HERE'S THE LINK  

And no pics this post either....what's the world coming to I ask myself.


2 comments: