BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.........................PLOVER SCAR LIGHT AND BLACK COMBE OVER THE BAY PETE WOODRUFF

Sunday 23 August 2015

Up The Creek.

I was grateful for a call this morning at 10.49am - even before I'd recieved the pager message at 11.03am - to alert me to a North American wader in the creeks at Conder Green....WHAT!!  

Lesser Yellowlegs. Martin Lofgren @ Wild Bird Gallery 


With KT on board I shot off to achieve excellent views of my sixth UK Lesser Yellowlegs, this one an adult. At one point the bird was in the same view as 2 Ruff, 2 Common Sandpiper, and a Greenshank.

Thanks to Martin Lofgren for the excellent image of this equally excellent Nearctic wader.

My previous sightings of Lesser Yellowlegs have been....

Eric Morecambe Complex a 1st winter 18 October 1995
Eric Morecambe Complex a 1st winter 13 September 1997.
Banks Marsh a 1st winter 6 February 1999.
Eagland Hill a juvenile 14 September 2002.
Glasson Dock a juvenile 24 September 2011.
Conder Green an adult 23 August 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment