BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND......................................................MEDITTERANEAN GULLS CONDER POOL PETE WOODRUFF

Wednesday 16 March 2016

The Run-around.

I had a bit of a run-around yesterday which started at Fluke Hall to leg it to Cockers Dyke. I saw 3 Small Tortoiseshell and 4 Wren on the way there. Usually an excellent venue for gulls including Mediterranean, few gulls here today though, but there was at least 650 Golden Plover, 300 Dunlin and a Little Egret. In the hedge behind the car parking area at Fluke Hall, 6 Tree Sparrow, with singles of Goldfinch, DunnockMeadow Pipit, and Linnet.

Back at Conder Green, the flow of the river is back to normal following the 'rainy season' and a Spotted Redshank, 18 Redshank, and the lone Black-tailed Godwit were taking advantage in the creeks, a single Little Grebe was the only bird of note on Conder Pool. On the Lune Estuary from Glasson Dock, 15 Goldeneye and a pair of Eider hauled out were my only notes.

Now I was off to Aldcliffe....On the now excellent wetlands that was the Wildfowler's Pool, I picked up another 11 species on here again with up to 50 Black-tailed Godwit, 40 Dunlin, a Snipe, and uncounted Redshank and Lapwing on the wader score. Wildfowl seen were, 7 Shoveler, 6 Pintail, 2 Gadwall, Goldeneye, Mallard, and TealOn Freeman's Pools, 8 Goldeneye, 2 Little Grebe, and a Snipe bedded down on the island. 

When I got back to the car at Fluke Hall a note was under the windscreen wiper....'Hi Pete, quiet so far for me!....Later I met two more Fylde birders at Conder Green who told me their birding....'wasn't producing much today'....join the club!!


'If today's meagre list of sightings are anything to go by, the quality of the birding's going to take a dip'....A quote from Mondays Portland Bird Observatory website, though looking slightly better yesterday Here with 1,500 Meadow Pipits through as opposed to my one at Fluke Hall.

LUSH.


Ethical Buying....It's In The Bag.

Lush claims to have sold 30,000 bath bombs raising an amazing in excess of £100,000, the profits of which will go to a project to save the Hen Harrier

Lush is in my sidebar as a caring commerce company which sends out powerful conservation messages and fights animal testing....I like to support them when I can.

2 comments:

  1. Your birding exploits today were much more exciting than mine Pete !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right about my exploits being exciting, I probably sounded hard to please, which actually isn't true as I'm definitely not hard to please when it comes to birds and birding.

    Negative comments were brought about by nothing new to see Warren.

    ReplyDelete