BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND..............................................................................SCAUP CONDER POOL 5 MARCH PAUL ELLIS

Friday 8 January 2021

Confined To Barracks!

View Full Screen

We had a Song Thrush yesterday, a mega in the garden with Nectar Points equal to a White's Thrush on the Scillies as far as I'm concerned, but....

View Full Screen

....it beat the snow which came down today.

I haven't been to Cockersand in a while now, but I met this disgruntled up and coming birder one day last autumn, he had a good old whinge about being told Cockersand was the best place to find a Yellow-browed Warbler and was a bit miffed he hadn't done after several days on the hunt, I could tell he wasn't happy....so I told him he'd been mislead and should make haste to the Heysham/Sunderland area where YBW finders abound!! 

A day without a smile is a day in your life wasted.

1 comment:

  1. The Police are getting pretty heavy-handed with people leaving their area for exercise in these parts, Pete, with a couple of ladies from our town who travelled 5 miles to get to parkland to walk getting fined £200 each. Makes me wonder what limits I should put on my own excursions. The trouble is that most of the nearest open spaces to us are overcrowded with people that don't seem to give a damn about social distancing.

    We too had a Song Thrush that day - also super-rare in our garden too! The weather improved a bit today, but the previous few days, with snow and ice, brought a great assortment of birds. I think that one of the attractions for them in our garden was that I made sure that there was a constant water supply.

    Take great care. I hope that the vaccine comes your way soon - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete