BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.........................................................................LOCAL BREEDING NUTHATCH PETE WOODRUFF

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Save The Tiger.


No birding today so I can only hope to be forgiven for this diversion from bird related matters to highlight the campaign by WWF to save the Tiger from disappearing from the face of the earth at the hands of - well what else - our human kind. Please take a look at the video which contains nothing of an unpleasant nature just some nice pictures of this beautiful creature and the danger it is in, and if you haven't already done so please would you consider signing the petition  - which can be linked via my sidebar on the left - to lend your voice to the campaign aimed at making a change to the plight of the Tiger.
                            

Back to birds, and the photograph below is of a Yellow Wagtail which was found at Cockersands on Saturday 7 August and represents a bird I'm desperate to find on passage let alone on territory, and which I have missed at Cockersands in both spring and autumn this year, but nothing new there as it is a bird I have yet to see in these circumstances despite a 'year or two' of birding this one being at one of my many favourite birding haunts. 

Yellow Wagtail. Stuart Piner.



2 comments:

  1. No Yellow Wags here Pete. I usually get a few going over, and occasionally using the paddocks.

    Glad you liked the Robin photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still time for the YW's to pass through Warren, and yes I did like the juvenile Robin pic and my visitors will have done too. I'm lucky to have so many excellent photographers who allow their pics on to Birds2blog....who would have thought!

    ReplyDelete