BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.........................................................................LOCAL BREEDING NUTHATCH PETE WOODRUFF

Thursday 2 May 2013

John Bateman.

For the benefit of the many local visitors to Birds2blog who would not otherwise have heard the news. I am saddened to have in the past few minutes this Thursday evening at 7.30pm had a telephone call to tell me that John Bateman died yesterday in hospital. 

John's funeral is on Wednesday 15 May 11.45am, at the Lancaster and Morecambe Crematorium. I understand that flowers are requested only from Johns family and that donations to the RSPB can be made via Preston, Ireland, and Bowker, Funeral Directors, Queen Street, Lancaster. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pete
    I'm sorry to hear the sad news about John. I know it has been a while since I saw you both at Conder, but I always enjoyed my chats with John and yourself.
    Cheers Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon....You proved my point here. You was just the sort of person I had in mind when I thought some local visitors to Birds2blog wouldn't otherwise have heard this sad news.

    Thanks for getting in touch here Simon, I sincerely hope you are well, like you say 'long time no see', we must meet sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad news Peter.Condolences to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pete. Very sad news as John seemed to be making a recovery.I didn't know him well but had met him a few times. He will be missed very much by yourself and all his birding friends.Condolences to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martin/Brian....Just to thank you for your response to this post about John Bateman.

    ReplyDelete