BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND......................................................MEDITTERANEAN GULLS CONDER POOL PETE WOODRUFF

Thursday 1 January 2015

Out With The Old, In With The New.

I'm grateful to anyone and everyone who took the trouble to look in and comment during 2014, giving me the evidence I need that I'm not posting on Birds2blog to myself....THANK YOU....See you all in 2015.

New Year Fireworks

Iv'e had as good a year as any other on Birds2blog. I've managed to keep it up and running - hopefully with a little interest to report from time to time - and certainly with some stunning photography to show thanks to my army of excellent photographers who allow me to use their work for which I'm eternally grateful.

Out with the old.

I'm seeing 2014 out with the best image of it's kind I've seen this year. 

Hen Harrier. Howard Stockdale.

Howard explained to me how he was treated to a great aerial display by a Hen Harrier recently. After seeing off the two Carrion Crow that were mobbing it, to his pleasure the bird landed on a dead tree stump for a good 30 minutes before heading off.

Thanks for this Howard....Brilliant. 

In with the new.


And I'm seeing 2015 in with the Stonechat, in the hope that it's going to make a comeback on the uplands of Clougha/BirkBank/Harrisend/Hawthornthwaite.

 Stonechat Simon Hawtin 

Thanks for the Stonechat Simon....Brilliant bird, brilliant photography.

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family Pete,and a big thank you to you for selecting a few of my images to use on your blog the extra traffic for my blog is most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin....Yes, amazing the amount of traffic visiting other websites via links created from the images used, an excellent arrangement thanks to you and 'the army' Martin.

    Warren....Off we go again, but not literally by me just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete.Always a pleasure to see where you have been on Birds To Blog.Like Martin glad to help out with the images.Here's to a bird filled 2015.We may even meet up sometime. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this....HAPPY NEW YEAR Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it is time to get it moving, happy new year.

    ReplyDelete