BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.................................................SPOTTED REDSHANK CONDER GREEN HOWARD STOCKDALE

Sunday 10 May 2020

Shrike It Lucky....The Sequel.

I was grateful for an e-mail and photo attachment informing me of a quite amazing coincidence. Following on from my post about the Woodchat Shrike at Aldcliffe 8 May 2014, the message was to tell me of a Red Backed Shrike found yesterday again at Aldcliffe. 


Bank Pool From Dawson's Bank. Pete Woodruff.

Not only is this an amazing coincidence by location and date, but this bird sounds like it was probably in the very same Hawthorn as the one found 6 years ago in 2014.

Thanks to Dan for the heads up and header image.

Garden Highlights.

A male Blackbird seen feeding two young, also saw my first young House Sparrow with quivering wings and being fed by the parent bird. The Blue Tits are back and forth to the nest box, 3 Swift seen over Bowerham, and I saw a male Sparrowhawk take out a Starling. A Red Admiral was the first to be seen this year in the garden.

Juvenile Blackbird gets interrupted from it's apple a day by two Starlings.


View Full Screen 

I'm kept entertained in our garden, though certainly not content....I'd Sooner Be Birding.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased to hear that you're getting some relief from your garden, Pete, but fully understand that you'd sooner be out birding. I'm looking forward to seeing our first Red Admiral of the year, but the butterflies have been a bit thin on the ground for the past couple of weeks. Did have an Orange-tip ovipositing on Garlic Mustard on Saturday, however - which gave a bit of excitement!

    Take good care - it surely must end one day - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete