BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND......................................................MEDITTERANEAN GULLS CONDER POOL PETE WOODRUFF

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Mid-Week Crisis!....

....well, sort of.

I was grateful to Howard Stockdale for sharing this video with me, it shows the horde on and around the heliport at Heysham at high tideThe first in a series of planned short videos to promote the birdlife of Morecambe Bay during the winter monthsInterestingly, Howard found a colour ringed Knot amongst the mass, marked this year in August at Ainsdale, North Merseyside.

The videos are best viewed full screen.


I enjoyed editing this short video of the gull roost on Red Nab at Heysham. I counted 7 Mediterranean Gulls as I panned through the film. Have a bit of fun and count them for yourself....Go on, do it!

 

The Turnstones living up to their name and turning over the pebbles at Cockersand. 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing scene at the Heliport, Pete!

    Only found six Med Gulls on the first pass - might go back and try and find the one I missed.

    On the Scillies earlier this month, saw turnstones doing something that I've never seen them do before. They were digging deep in the sand on the beach to a depth where their heads were buried up to their shoulders!

    I'm reckoning that you are now in Tier 3 of the Covid regulations!? Take great care - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete