BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND......................................................MEDITTERANEAN GULLS CONDER POOL PETE WOODRUFF

Thursday 24 December 2009

And Finally......

......with what will inevitably be the Christmas break from birding - well I could do without that now couldn't I if you've been following my misfortunes recently - and with a couple of decent images I found from my 'off the road' birding friend John Bateman, it was a good excuse for another small post on Birds2blog.




Not your average bird the Black-headed Gull for paying a visit to your garden but this one came to John whilst he's waiting to be up and running again hopefully in the New Year. John also made an excellent job of capturing the Pied Wagtail below.



I witnessed at first hand the utter madness of Christmas these days when I accompanied Kathleen on a shopping excursion ending up mid-afternoon at Morrisons to collect a few bits we still needed. Having picked up just three items we proceeded to the checkout to find a total of c.30 of them all having queues of at least 35 shoppers - that's a grand total of 1,050 people waiting to pay for their trolley loads (or should that be 1,050 people off their trolleys) - I said to Kathleen 'I'm off drop'em'......thankfully she heeded what I said and we left at the speed of sound and stuff the three items we'll do without them.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AGAIN EVERYONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment