BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.........................................................................LOCAL BREEDING NUTHATCH PETE WOODRUFF

Thursday 24 February 2011

Two ones and a two!


Red-throated Pipit. Phil Slade   

This RTP is currently in my sidebar where it doesn't get the justice it deserves neither for the bird or the photograph. It's another of PS's fresh from Egypt, a smart bird and thanks Phil....I gave Conder Green an hour followed by the same at Glasson Dock, followed by a couple along the promenade at Morecambe from Teal Bay to the Stone Jetty.

Conder Green remains quiet again today although three of the 'specials' showed well with 2 Spotted Redshank and a Greenhank in the creeks, also noted were c.120 Teal and the traditional Grey Plover. On Conder Pool - which is now a lake following the recent 10m+ tides - just 4 Goldeneye of note, from here I saw c.250 Pink-footed Geese over Jeremy Lane. The Lune Estuary from Glasson Dock produced nothing to add to my sightings on Tuesday but I noted at least 420 Golden Plover, 300 Dunlin, 350 Common Gull, 2 Goldeneye, and 3 Goosander.

Lesser Black-backed Gulls. Pete Woodruff.

Well you can tell by the quality its one of my photographic achievements of the seven 'Lesser Yellowlegs' on the groyne at the Stone Jetty this afternoon, and between here and Teal Bay I noted, 32 Eider, 21 Goldeneye, 9 Great-crested Grebe, 3 Red-breasted Merganser, and 3 Scaup one a drake.  

So when I look at the results from some serious five hours birding its not all that impressive if your out to 'collect some targets' and birds to make you jump up and down with glee and the need to 'get the news out', but thats not the be all and end all of my birding, and Morecambe Bay is never going to be the birding hotspot of the UK, so I'll settle for the achievements of what I saw which are all recorded here.   

Crocus. Warren Baker

ITS SPRING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment