BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND.........................PLOVER SCAR LIGHT AND BLACK COMBE OVER THE BAY PETE WOODRUFF

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Odd!

Still too much on my plate and too little time for blogging about Tuesdays birds. But here's a post which took me just six minutes to write about three knot and an odd one out with a Shelduck.

Knot With Shelduck. Pete Woodruff.

Above is the heavily cropped record shot of an aberrant Knot I saw at Cockersands yesterday with three of its kind and a Shelduck. The bird is best described as 'sooty brown' and is most likely the same individual I saw previously about a couple of years ago, I have as yet been unable to trace my record for the date on this

A bird with atypical pigmentation which seems quite rare as opposed to aberrant pale birds which are seen with more frequency. I think it is reasonable to suppose this is possibly the same individual also seen at Cockersands on Plover Scar 27 February 2013 by a Cumbria birder, and previous to that by another birder on Glasson Marsh a few weeks earlier.

Tuesdays birds to follow soon.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Info....The comment above has been deleted only because it contained a telephone number and e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete