BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND......................................................MEDITTERANEAN GULLS CONDER POOL PETE WOODRUFF

Friday 14 December 2012

Anonymous....


....and a good excuse for a couple of pics - four actually - randomly chosen and just the one tagged on at the end connected with birds.

Anonymous.   

If you view the comments section on Birds2blog you will have noticed I've had a few 'Anonymous' ones recently, I seem to have escaped them until now. Presumably all are from people with small poorly formed brains which are unable convey anything sensible to the unfortunate victims hands and on to the keyboard because of a mental disorder.

Fortunately the spam detector works brilliantly and is able to intercept most of these before they reach the comments section, but if you are one of the rare but genuine contributors under 'Anonymous' I'm afraid you'll need an ID to make any comments which I would welcome. The ones which do find their way into the comments section - which you will have noticed deleted - are obviously from the disabled people described above.

And the four pics....


Bat. Pete Woodruff.

The only bat photograph I ever took. If I recall correctly it was daytime flying around Dockacres many years ago. I'm not clever when it comes to bats and cannot remember what someone told me it was....Help!

Summertime. Pete Woodruff.

A reminder of  what summer  can look  like if  it really  tries. A show of wild flowers in the Pilling Lane Ends area in mid-August 2011.

Tiger Gary Jones  

'Clik this pik' of the Tiger and you'll see more clearly why I suggest it should be titled 'The Hen Party'....Thanks Gary, I hope you don't mind the humour I've attached to this serious and brilliant example of your photography and the Tiger at lunch time.

And finally....
Raven.

A Raven flew south over our Lancaster house this morning, and 7 Blackbirds were together in our small garden. 

THATS NO TIGER....ITS A JAGUAR!!....NO ITS NOT ITS A LEOPARD!!!....OH NO ITS NOT ITS A JAGUAR!!!!....AND THATS FINAL.

15 comments:

  1. Thats no Tiger!
    Your bat could be a Noctule though Pete :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw - a tiger like that in the Sinai Desert years ago Pete!

    Like Warren I too think your bat is a noctule but I could be wrong.

    Cheers

    Davo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a picture that is! A bat is probably THE hardest flying subject to photograph and you've done it brilliantly, Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warren....I knew my doctor had prescribed me the wrong tablets but he wouldn't listen to me!

    Davo....Thanks for the Noctule with Warren. But what about your Tiger in the Sinai desert!!

    Christian....Thanks for compliments on my Bat pic. Hope you liked my Tiger too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't really see a Jaguar in the Sinai...that'll teach me too check my IDs more carefully in future

    Cheers

    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will teach me too Davo....me too!!

    But I don't remove my errors, I leave them as proof I'm not infallible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That a cracking bat shot Pete. Much harder than bird photography I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFL - this made me laugh - you're not a cat person then! A bird man through and through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. had to do a double take here, ditto Sharon, Pete you need to swat up a bit!!
    The bat shot is superb Pete, not an easy thing to catch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha!
    I had a good laugh at the "unfortunate" anonymous that dared show up here! LOL!!
    They are indeed usually repelled by the spam but some do find their way once in a while!
    Your bat is fantastic, I never took a shot of one in flight!
    About the Tiger, sorry to say but this one is a leopard! ;-)
    Good pic any way, Gary did well!
    Cheers Pete, I love your sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your bat pic Pete...looks like we have also gone batty about the tiger/leopard/jaguar shot of Gary's.Nice to see what Summer briefly looked like !! Great entertainment as always Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mark/Sharon/Gary/Noushka/Brian, thanks for all your comments.

    Regarding the Tiger/Jaguar/Leopard. I'm working with the experts on the matter which - my error in naming the animal as a Tiger aside - has become interesting....Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PETE, to clarify this is very much a JAGUAR!!! Hope that clears up the cat debate, but great fun reading the thread!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, I was a bit in hurry yesterday... Sorry about the leopard, it is a jaguar indeed!
    The head's morph is thicker and the dots are different!
    That'll teach me to look more carefully next time... I should know since I have photographed many leopards when I was living in Africa!
    Cheers Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gary/Noushka....Thanks for clearing up the Tiger/Jaguar/Leopard confusion.

    Sorry I was a part of this Gary and hope Noushka has also made it clear she was a 'bit in a hurry' as I had been too. All went to make the post a little more interesting though I thought.

    NORMAL SERVICE HAS NOW BEEN RESUMED.

    ReplyDelete