BIRDING THE LUNE ESTUARY THE FOREST OF BOWLAND AND BEYOND......................................................MEDITTERANEAN GULLS CONDER POOL PETE WOODRUFF

Sunday 25 April 2010

In The Garden....

....and a couple of other pics.


Gary Jones has recently told me I can post some of his photographs on Birds2blog and his latest efforts were the result of a visit to his garden with the camera. The excellent image of the stunning male Bullfinch is the first of two of the pictures he captured there....


....and the equally excellent second image is of the smart Goldfinch.


Gary also recently visited a Sand Martin colony he knows about and captured several images of these delightful creatures including some pretty impressive shots of them in flight. Please support Gary's blog by making a visit there now and again to see what he's been up to. If you have your own blog you will know what it means to have a few visitors look in occasionally, it is an encouragement to keep up the good work of running your own blog when you know at least a few people take an interest by stopping by. Gary can be found here Walks and Wildlife 

   

Mark Fellowes photograph is of the Loddon Lillies, a local speciality which Mark understands is a Red Listed species. I've posted several of Marks photographs recently with his kind permission and his website can be found here Mark Fellowes  

I hope you like my choice of photographs here, with luck I may get a four hour birding stint - s'cuse the pun - tomorrow....here's hoping!  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pete, that link to Gary's blog isn't working. That picture of the male Bullfinch is such a stunner that I wanted to go straight over there for more! Saw a mother mallard with 15 'lings today. Another one for your list! And I survived the savaging I got from three geese, just.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link wasn't working but it is now as I adjusted my brain to work too.

    I think I heard someone say 16 ducklings with a Mallard once but not absolutely sure on that one.

    Thanks for looking in and your continued support Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pete, many thanks for featuring my blog, the more visitors to it the better, just makes it all a bit more worthwhile being able to share your experiences, thanks again.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem and you are welcome Gary.

    I think Richards comment above says it all regarding more 'traffic' to your blog when he said 'I wanted to go straight over there for more'.

    Keep up the good work Gary and thanks again for allowing your photography on to Birds2blog....helps me, helps you.

    ReplyDelete